“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”
It has been a minute since I last posted. I must apologize for that. I appreciate you taking the time out to read and stay up to date with my blog. You are the best! For over a month now, I’ve been inflicted with a bad case of the writers block. Every blogger’s worst nightmare! Not to mention, the school:life balance was just out of whack.
I felt uninspired and demotivated to get a post up for you. I felt like all I had to say was already said. I knew I didn’t want to give up blogging, however. And then the sweetest soul ever nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award.
Umm, what? Receiving an award was the last thing I expected in this dry spell. But it happened and I’m eternally grateful for it! 🙂 So, here we go. My thank you post in humble receipt of the Blogger Recognition Award.
Thank you so much Shanese for nominating me for this blogger award. It means a lot to me.
Now for some rules:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you. (Shout out to you Shanese!)
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story about how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 bloggers, you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog to let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created
How it all began…
I started blogging in June of 2017. Never had I expected it to be where it is today, being the recipient of the Blogger Recognition Award. My blog started subsequent of me beginning my personal development journey. Throughout this time, I discovered a passion for documenting my journey and encouraging others to start their very own.
Tropical Tide is my baby, now one year and six months, through which I share content geared towards motivating and encouraging others to chase their God given purpose and live their best lives now.
My advice to you…
As a new blogger it is easy to get caught up in the hype of wanting to have everything perfect from the get go. My blog was definitely not this decked out or put together when I started. Heck, I changed my theme every two weeks or so. It won’t be perfect but I encourage you to just start, where you are, with what you have.
2. Promote yourself shamelessly
There are so many ways to grow your blog. You can use social medias. a news letter, even word of mouth. Don’t be afraid to share your content. There are many groups and communities that you can join that will share your content and vice versa. Share away lovely.
And now for the nominees!
- Leah from The Girl Who Writes
- Jessica from Trends Mark
- Jasmine from What A Beautiful Chaos
- Shanice from Faith N Turtles
- Samantha from Sam Space
- Peanuts and Cacahuetes from Peanuts And Cacahuetes
- Sophie from Just Sophie
- Jenny from Sparkle And Style
- Evie from Evie Jayne
- Becca from Becca Blogs It Out
- The Ordinary Blogger from The Ordinary Blogger
- Almira from The Little Black rose
- A Fin On The Loose from A Fin On The Loose
- Just Dawn from Its Just Dawn
- Kari from Karina Millan
Thanks once again Shanese for this incredible gesture. To read Shanese’s nominee post click here.
Have a great day lovelies!