I am truly honored to be writing this post right now. The sunshine blogger award has been around for quite some time and it is just a way of expressing gratitude, love, and appreciation to fellow bloggers. Blogging is a lot of work and to be recognized for the effort is pretty heart warming. Thank you so much Gia for nominating me for this award. I am eternally grateful.
To read Gia’s post on her nomination, you can do so right here.
Alright so let’s go over the rules for this award nomination. They are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog. (Thanks again Gia)
- Answer the 11 questions that were presented to you by your nominator.
- Nominate 11 bloggers.
- Ask 11 questions (different from the ones you answered).
- List the rules.
- Display the Sunshine Blogger Logo in your post or blog site.
Now on to the questions!
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you choose and why?
This is a hard question because I have so many places on my bucket list! But if I were to get offered a ticket right this instant to visit the country of my choice, right now, I would choose Croatia. There is an island by the name of Bol that has a uniquely shaped beach called Zlatni Rat. Yeah, it’s a funny name. But, I absolutely adore the pictures of the scenery and I am a beachaholic. Take a look for yourself.
(I do not own rights to this image)
2. What are your top two favorite hobbies?
Dancing and writing. Hands down. I love creating in general but if I would have to choose from all the art forms I’m involved in, it would have to be those two. Dancing and writing allows me to express myself the best! I honestly cannot do without either of these hobbies being apart of my life. I am so grateful that I have the avenues available as well to practice doing them regularly.
3. If you won the lottery, would you share the winnings? If so, with who?
Oh boy. I don’t know how I’d win the lottery since I would never play BUT if I just happened to win, I would definitely tithe first and foremost. And I’ll definitely share the winnings with my mom because she has sacrificed a lot for me. I’d also share with those in need. I’ve always wanted to do care packages and hand them out to the homeless so I’d invest some money there as well.
4. How do you recharge after a hectic week?
I enjoy sleeping in. And if I had a hectic week, I would want to assume that I was being productive and not busy. Therefore, the sleeping in is a must. Rest is vital. I also enjoy a good stretch routine. It really helps me with relaxing my body. Apart from that, I just really take it easy and dive in to some self care. I would wash my hair, soak my feet, and just chill at home not doing much for at least a few hours. That is enough for me to recharge.
5. What’s your favorite thing about being a blogger?
My favorite thing about being a blogger would have to be the freedom to create and express myself in my own unique way. I never imagined that I would become a blogger and that people would actually take the time out to read and engage with my content. But blogging has really allowed me to connect and impact so many that I don’t think I could have using any other art form. Being a blogger has it’s ups and downs but it is definitely worth it. It is also a satisfying feeling hitting that publish button, releasing your content into the world wide web.
6. When did something start out badly but then end up being a great thing?
Hmm, I would say me moving to Jamaica to start university. I came here in a pretty bad place mentally but since then I have recommitted my walk to the Lord and have met some amazing Christians. I’m really thankful for how things have turned out.
7. When was the last time you felt you had a new lease on life?
I would have to say at the beginning of this year. I just came to realization that I am not living up to my potential and there is so much more that I could be doing to serve the Lord and share His Word. And so, I began to dive in, sowing seeds, and slowly but surely unlocking the potential that lives within me.
8. What organizational tips have you found to be the most useful as a blogger?
Honestly, planning ahead of time has been working for me … when I actually do it. I created a posting schedule for my blog and social medias and as much as possible, I try to create the content and the graphics necessary from the night before at least. Come the next day, posting is a breeze and it leaves time to start creating content for the next day or to work on a current project. In addition to creating a schedule and curating content ahead of time, I time block. This is a new habit that I am trying to incorporate in my daily routine and I have spoken about it before. Time blocking just allows me to manage my time better. Allotting a specific amount of time to do a specific task really helps me to stay disciplined to complete it because I know that I have allowed limited time for it.
9. What good habit do you have now that you wish you started sooner?
Waking up earlier. I haven’t hit my ideal wake up time goal as yet, however, waking up earlier than usual has allowed me to start implementing my morning routine. Getting up a little bit earlier and having that extra time has really allowed me to get more done and thus I am more productive.
10. What’s your secret talent?
Secret talent aye, I am going to have to say sketching. I have never taken an art class since the 8th grade but I started watching some YouTube videos and I have been practicing. I’ll insert some pics for you to see. Note that I am teaching myself and so I am not perfect at all. I only started practicing around December of last year and it has been very infrequent.
11. What’s the funniest joke you’ve ever heard?
Oh my gosh. I am a very easy going individual and so any and anything can make me laugh. Umm, I honestly cannot think of one right now so instead I’ll insert a graphic.
(Photo source: Pinterest)
Wow, this was loads of fun to write. I am very honored to have received this award. This truly means a lot to me and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.
Alrighty, now here are my 11 questions:
- Why did you started blogging?
- Have you accomplished any blog specific goals since you started and if yes could you share one?
- What do you think your purpose here on earth is?
- What are three interesting things about you?
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be and why?
- What are your top 3 favorite meals?
- What is your all time favorite movie and why?
- Can you tell of an embarrassing moment?
- What have you been doing lately to develop yourself personally?
- Using one word, how would you describe yourself and why did you choose that word?
- What is your dream job?
And now for the nominees! I nominate:
- Allysha Alynn
- Rose Jones
- Liana Mayendee
- Katie Roman
- Ms Tee Queology
I hope you guys enjoyed this read as much as I enjoyed writing it. I’ll catch you in the next post.
Shine bright as the sun lovelies.