Money, money, money, moneey, MONEY! I enjoy having the money to get the things that I need and to pay the bills, don’t you? A lot of the time we find that we aren’t effective in getting much done with our money. Why? What do you spend on often? Collect all receipts for a week to a month and evaluate how much you spend on average on different items. It is not necessarily because you don’t have enough but rather the way you manage it. In today’s blog post I am going to share a few tips on how to manage your money. Also, at the end of this blog post you can find a free printable budget worksheet to get you started on your journey to being financially savvy.
- Tip #1: Have an idea of how much money you will have coming in. If you know how much money you have coming in on a weekly, bi-weekly, or even a monthly basis, you can better prepare yourself for the expenses you must cover.
- Tip #2: Budget, budget, budget. It is important to budget because you can paint a vivid picture of where each penny of your salary is going.
- Tip #3: Put aside some for savings. You never know what tomorrow holds. My mom always said to put away for a rainy day. This is so true. Start depositing in your retirement fund.
- Tip #4: Pay the most important bill first. Know when all your bills are due, the minimum you can pay down on it and schedule the payments around when you get your salary. By doing this you can stretch your pay cheques out to cover your bills.
- Tip #5: Plan your meals for the week or two weeks (shop in season). A very easy way to save money is to eat whatever is in season and always to plan your meals so you know exactly what you need to get at the groceries. Make that list, budget each item and stick to it.
- Tip #6: Plan to spend. If you would like to get a new pair of jeans or new shoes, save up for it. Go do you research and find out which retail outlet has the same item for the cheapest price. Let’s say it costs $60 and you get paid every week. Each week you can put aside $15 and by the end of the month you can buy your new jeans guilt free.
- Tip #7: Go cheap. Yeah, I said it. Get frugal baby. Don’t go to the uptown supermarkets or department stores when the Chinese man have the same exact product for way less.
- Tip #8: Quality over quantity. I know I just said to go cheap but not at the expense of quality. Don’t take the cheaper route for everything because it will just end up costing you more in the long run. Nonetheless, you must always look for who has the same item and of good quality for less money.
- Tip #9: You need to cut it. You just got to cut out those nasty spending habits. Cut down your eating out to twice a month or so. Eat more home cooked meals. It is better for you because you can control what goes inside your food (granted you are making healthier choices). Minimalism sometimes is the way to go.
- Tip #10: Scoop up all coupons and take advantage of discounts, shop in bulk. A good way to save money as well is to shop in bulk and take advantage of discounts and coupons.
- Tip #11: Plant based diet and exercise. Cut down the medical bills. Eat a healthier diet. Not only will this reduce your medical bill but also your grocery bill. Stay active. Drink water instead of sugary drinks. Make your own juices even.
- Tip #12: Educate yourself. Know what the best price on the market is out there. Know when what is coming in season so you can plan around. The best time to shop for clothes is right after the season.
So, there you have it. Mange your money lovelies, don’t let your money manage you.