Whether you work at home, at a traditional office, or wherever your working environment may be, it is essential for your mental, emotional and physical well-being to be a productive individual. A productive day usually starts with a productive morning. Here are a few tips on how to have a productive morning.
- Tip #1: Pick your outfit for work from the night before. Select your workout gear as well and lay these two outfits aside. Doing this will save you a lot of time in the morning on deciding what to wear.
- Tip #2: Meal prep. If you work a typical 9-5, you are out of your house for majority of the day. I advise you to prep your lunch from the night before so it is easier to prepare the next morning. You may just opt to preparing and refrigerating it for the next day. I personally eat whatever is left over from dinner that night for lunch the next day.
Ok so you’re all prepped for the next day.
- Tip #3: Wake up. Once you’ve been blessed with the gift of life the next day, you need to wake up and handle your business. Some people are natural risers while others need the help of an alarm clock. My tip if you wake up to an alarm is to set it for half an hour earlier than your usual wake up time. You may choose to put your alarm a distance away from your bed so that you are forced to get up and turn it off in the mornings. If you are anything like me, you would want to keep it close to your bed so that it is nice and loud (but not too loud) in your ear. Yay, you’re up! Your goal is to practice waking up earlier in order to get more out of your day.
- Tip #4: Make your bed. Making your bed in the mornings gives you a sense of organisation, plus it will hopefully motivate you not to jump back in. Having a clean environment is very therapeutic for humans and is believed to increase productivity.
- Tip #5: Drink water. Hydration is important. Drinking water first thing in the morning helps your systems to start working and flush out all the toxins from the night before. I honestly struggle with this tip but what I do is put my water in plain sight so that I can’t miss it.
- Tip #6: Meditate. Set aside at least 10-15 minutes in the morning for meditating, having devotions if you are religious, or even to just sit for a while and be still. It is better to do this early in the morning when there is little to no distraction from the outside world or from other members of your household. This practice helps to calm the mind and put you in a more joyful, peaceful and relaxed state.
- Tip#7: Get active. Working out is a good way to keep your body in shape and improve mobility. You don’t necessarily have to do it in the morning but I find that it gets me very energetic when I do it in the morning as opposed to in the evening. When you get home in the evenings, you tend to make excuses as to why you can’t workout. Whether you’re too tired or have too much work to do, you find an alley to get out of working out. It doesn’t have to be anything tedious. Stretching, yoga, or even a light jog around your block is good enough to get your blood warm, your heart pumping and your lungs expanding. The only bad work out is the one you didn’t do.
- Tip #8: Breakfast. It is very important to have a healthy breakfast. It is also the best time to try to incorporate some fruits into your diet. Eating a healthy and balanced breakfast will give you the energy to kick start your day in the right way. Hey, that rhymed!
- Tip #9: Journal. You can do this in the night time too if you’d like. Get a pen and a notebook and write down your thoughts for the morning, what you’re grateful for, your goals and manifestations for the day. You never know if that million-dollar idea was in your subconscious at some point that morning. You may also take this time to write out your to-do list so as to be more organised and maximize on your productivity.
- Tip #10: Listen to motivational content. When getting dressed it is beneficial to listen to motivational audio. It could be a motivational speaker, an audio book, even instrumentals. Anything that motivates you, I urge you to listen to it for at least 5 minutes a day. Listening to motivational content in the morning is a good way to inspire yourself to go out there and achieve your dreams and goals.
Okay, after having such a productive morning you must feel encouraged and motivated to tackle your day with full force! Doing these tips on a regular will help bring a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment which will gear you towards achieving those goals. It won’t happen overnight but practice makes better. Have a wonderful and productive day lovelies.